- Reading non-fiction book: you are not reading the book, but you are extracting knowledge from the book: electronic or printed medium
- Watching learning video: extracting knowledge from the video medium
- Reading blog/article: extracting knowledge from blog or article
Why this framing is important?
- It’s [mental] work (even if it’s enjoyable activity)
- work requires [enabling capabilities]: infrastructure, office, team (or lack of distraction), tools. Popcorn would not do if you are going to take notes, pen and paper may be better. Or YiNote extension.
- Goal. Why do you spend time on it? Knowledge is a perishable item, how are you going to apply it?
So there are two parts:
- We extract knowledge
- We apply knowledge
Stay tuned for more on the topic